On Tuesday, August 7, from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m (EST), personal injury attorney Andrew J. Smiley presented a live Lawline.com webinar entitled “Opening Statements-A Recipe for Success.” If you have never participated in a live webinar, you missed a great one! It is convenient and affordable, unless of course free doesn’t work for you. This course will count as 3.0 “Professional Practice” Credits for New York Bridge the Gap.
Mr. Smiley discusses the techniques for preparing and delivering a powerful opening statement in various types of cases. You will learn how to manage weaknesses and strengths in your case during an opening statement and how to set the framework for a successful trial from the outset. This course will be useful for all trial attorneys whether preparing for your first trial or your hundredth trial.”
- Learn where to start – Preparing the opening statement.
- Address strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the case
- How to determine detail and duration of opening statements
- Build up the opening statement from a great start to a strong finish
- Discover the different types of fact patterns
- Master the defense opening statement
The course is available for free, or you may earn CLEs by subscribing or paying per class at lawline.com.
This article was updated August 16, 2012 to reflect the completion of this live webinar.