Welcome (back!) to the TOP G8R, our periodic top 8 list series. As we approach the weekend, we thought it would be fun to take a look at our favorite trial lawyer movies. Follow the links to learn more about:
Our Top 8 Courtroom Movies
8. My Cousin Vinny (1992) An inexperienced lawyer in a new area heroically fights to save his clients. Starring Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei.
7. Fracture (2007) An assistant D.A. strives for justice when a man who attempted to murder his wife goes free on technicalities. Starring Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling.
6. Amistad (1997) Based on a true story about a 1839 mutiny aboard a slave ship traveling to America and the court-room drama about the free-man who led the revolt. Starring Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins and Djimon Hounsou.
5. Ghosts of Mississippi (1996) Based on the true story of the 1963 murder of civil rights leader Medgar Evers an the prosecutor seeking justice. Starring Alec Baldwin and Whoopi Goldberg.
4. The Accused (1988) Jodie Foster’s Oscar-winning performance as a gang-rape victim battling the legal system. Starring Kelly McGinnis and Joe Foster.
3. A Few Good Men (1992) A Navy lawyer investigates a murder case in the which two Marines kill a fellow soldier. Starring Tom Cruise, Demi Moore and Jack Nicholson.
2. Philadelphia (1993) Competing lawyers sue a prestigious law firm ovr aids discrimination. Starring Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.
1. Legal Eagles (1986) Starring Robert Redford and Debra Winger in this comedy thriller about a tough DA, an imaginative defense attorney and a performance artist who is accused of theft and murder.
What’s your favorite courtroom movie?
- 25 Greatest Legal Movies
- 10 Best Courtroom Movies
- Top 25 Courtroom Dramas Ever: Order in the court!
- The 5 Greatest Lawyers in Movie History