Digital investment analyst Mary Meeker, Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, presented her annual Internet Trends report at the All Things Digital D10 Conference in Rancho Palos Verdes, California in May. D10 organizers describe the event as “conversations with the most influential figures in media and technology.” Although the report has some tech jargon, it is worthwhile. A few highlights from her 2012 report include:
- iPad adoption is 3x faster than iPhone adoption.
- Android Phone adoption 4x faster than iPhone.
- Mobile internet usage will surpass desktop usage in the U.S. within 1-3 years; in India, mobile internet usage has already surpassed desktop internet usage.
- Mobile eCommerce is 8% of USA eCommerce.
- Re-imagination of nearly everything, powered by new devices: pages 30-84 are snapshots of a variety of THEN and NOWs.
I am pleased to share a link to Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends 2012 slideshow here.
You may also enjoy seeing this 2011 infographic created by Legal Media Matters and published by LawyerTechReview.com based on the ABA Legal Technology Survey results.
The world of litigation may not be changing as fast as some of the Internet trends, but rest-assured, there will continue to be disruption in the legal sector as the mobile revolution continues to influence the way we, and our clients, live and work.